Do you dread dealing with any type of obstacle? Most of us do. We want life to be easy, but it seems that obstacles continuously thwart our efforts and limit the quality of our lives. The good news is that obstacles don’t have to be the vile thing you think they are.
Obstacles can actually be a blessing! Obstacles are often the path to great success and achievement. The obstacle isn’t really a roadblock. It’s an opportunity.
If there’s one characteristic found in all successful people, it’s the ability to persevere and overcome obstacles. Those that struggle with life invariably give up far too quickly.
Overcoming obstacles requires three things:
- It begins with the ability to perceive the situation accurately. This requires having a true understanding of how the world works. It’s important to be free of emotional distress and to maintain your composure. Excess emotion clouds perception and can inhibit your ability to take action.
- Maintain your Composure
- Use Objectivity
- Control what you Can
- Act intelligently. With accurate perception, you have the ability to take appropriate action. All of us take actions every day. Even lying on the couch and watching television is a course of action. However, few of us take intelligent action. Intelligent action consists of actions that are most likely to lead to success.
- Get Started
- It’s Intelligent Action if it’s Effective
- Expect Failure
- Accept and persevere. Creating opportunities from obstacles requires will. When placed in a situation with multiple obstacles and little hope, do you continue or do you give up? The ability to accept the situation makes intelligent action easier. Lacking acceptance, you’ll face too much emotional struggle to perceive accurately or to act intelligently.
- Build your Willpower
- Accept Everything that you cannot change
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
– Lao Tzu
Get The Art of Turning Obstacles into Opportunities Full Report that focuses on the details and enhancement of these three important traits. Request it below to receive instant access to the full report and Activity Worksheet!